Thursday 26 April 2012

Retirement and mortice and tenon joints

Cutting a tenon
Part of my plan with the shed was to have started working on the shed so I had a major task to work on when I retired, without having to think too much about what I would do.  When I finished work on 22.02.12. I had just begun to cut the mortice and tenon joints for the first four wall posts. After a 3 day break in Cornwall I was ready to press on and get the first frame finished as soon as possible. The weather was good at first and by the end of March I had cut the joints for the first frame and was ready to see how it went together. 


The pulleys were essential to enable me to get the wall plate onto the four wall posts - much to my surprise everything looked OK.

Wall post tenons




Wall post in position in the sole plate









The rear frame in position

No comments:

Post a Comment