Tuesday 23 April 2013

Completion of the main frame

Just about 18 months since I laid the foundations for the shed the main frame is now complete. Making the most of a glorious spring day today I fitted the last two pegs holding the rafter to the wall post at the eaves. I tapped all of the pegs a bit further in and cut the pegs protruding on the outside of the building flush ready to begin cladding the roof and walls. I trimmed the pegs on the internal faces to about 12 mm. There is still some work to do on the little extension but I am still waiting for the post supports before I can conclude this part of the frame.


The last peg (just visible on the left of the image)

Looking up at the roof frame

Looking up at the roof frame

Looking west towards the shed

No comments:

Post a Comment